Blast from the Past

Moderators: Faculty and Staff, Head Boy and Girl

Student

Location: Really where ever my adventure leads. Or more where ever Oliver's dragged me.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:57 am

Blast from the Past

Issac sat down at a table, his books in hand. He had a lot to go over since term starting. Some of his old things had been mailed to his new home, and from there some of the more prominent things had been sent by owl to his dorm room. He set a cardboard box onto the table, with a letter taped to the top. To Issac Morigann. He shook his head and opened the box, setting the letter aside on the table. He glanced into the box, greeted by a mass of random objects. At first glance he saw some books, bits of silverware, and an amulet of some sorts. He pulled out the books. Rivers of Norway, A Detailed Guide to the London Underground, History of Arizona. Most likely some of his mother's books, with his best guess. He looked over the silverware. It was old, and none of the pieces seemed to be from the same set. The spoons were bent, and the fork prongs all seemed unaligned. Additionally, all the knives seemed to be completely dull. He set them aside and looked at the amulet. It was a small, twisted shape made from what looked like aged copper. Whatever it was supposed to be had been lost to years of neglect. He rummaged around the box a bit more, seeing if anything else caught his eye. Thus far from what he could see, nothing in the box was actually his, just a lot of his mother's belongings crammed into a box with little to no care.

Issac hoped he may have been sent something of his own. When Oliver came to get him, Issac didn't really get a chance to pack. And for the first few years, he kinda forgot about his life before all that. But now, as he settled into his life of wizardry, memories from his past had begin to flood his mind. Then, as if on cue, he received a parcel from his aunt. Issac continued to dig.

Parador Student

Location: Predominantly England, but travels by the Floo Network or other modes of transportation.

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:45 am

Re: Blast from the Past

Leanne waltzed into the great hall more confidently than she should have. She hadn't been to Avistrum in several months, and she knew people would notice. Nonetheless, the school brought a well needed sense of comfort and confidence. She noticed a familiar face hunched at the Lobostro table. He was rummaging through some package, and Leanne'a curiousity forced her to step towards the him, even though she wanted to avoid questioning of her disappearance. As she lurked closer, she suddenly became very aware of how loud her shoes were. She stopped dead, a few feet behind Isaac, and awkwardly shifted her direction to sit at the table. She left a large gap between her and the Lobostro, and focused on lighting and unlighting a small candle in front of her. Please don't notice me. Please don't notice me. She continued to mentally plead, but she knew it was hard for someone to ignore a muggle-dressed student lighting and unlighting a candle for long.
I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another- Divergent

Student

Location: Really where ever my adventure leads. Or more where ever Oliver's dragged me.

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:42 am

Re: Blast from the Past

Issac continued to dig, before quickly pulling his hand from the box. On the end of his index finger was, almost comically, a mouse trap. He would have laughed, but it was rather painful, so he quickly removed it.
"I understand her wanting to be rid of my mother's belongings. But a mouse trap? Honestly?" Issac was almost in shock. A loaded mouse trap. He felt like a cartoon. "And why was it primed?? How hadn't it gone off? I'm just... I'm so confused! A mouse trap!" He looked at it again in complete disbelief. Then a thought occurred to him. He quickly began to dig through the box again in the same genera region, until his suspicions were brought to fruition. He grabbed it in his hand and held it between his good index and his thumb, and looked closely at it.

"Cheese. A small crumb of cheese. Why... How... It's not even moldy! No one uses cheese in a mouse trap!" Issac felt a little bit of genuine concern about this whole situation. It was almost too stereotypical for his tastes. He turned to Leanne, holding the cheese out accusingly. "Can you even believe this? Cheddar, of all things." He shook his head again, continuing to mutter about cheese under his breath, until an idea dawned on him.

"Say, Renfield!! Care for a treat?!" he called out into the open room. It was unlikely that he could hear him, but on the off chance, I'm sure he would enjoy the treat. Issac quickly placed the mousetrap in his pouch. No need for the poor fellow to need to see that. He set the cheese down and turned back to the Parador, whose attire just dawned on Issac. "Are you wearing muggle clothing? Also, weren't you a bit late this year? I hadn't seen you about the last few days. Oh I suppose a 'How have you been?' should be in that line of questioning. You pick where it fits best."

Return to Student Tables