An Unlikely Friendship

Moderator: Clark Dowling

Enigmus Prefect
Enigmus Prefect

Post Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:59 pm

An Unlikely Friendship

Honner appreciated people coming to the dojo. He really did. It was good to have lots of his friends in one place all working thorough something. But sometimes he appreciated having a little less company. So he went to the theatre. There was usually no one there, and if there were, he usually knew them quite well. But when he opened the door, he saw no one. So he walked in, found a seat, and pulled out his little blank book.
"'When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter. And my family will say to me, 'Even after all this time?' And I will say 'Always.'" -Alan Rickman
Follow, Sphinxes, and Solve Thy Riddle!

Student

Location: Practicing spells somwhere- anywhere- in the castle

Post Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: An Unlikely Friendship

"Ah, trying to escape the crowds too I see?" Honner was so lost in his own world he hadn't even notice EJ sitting on the stage, swinging her feet back in forth slowly. He looked a little lost, and she could understand the need to run away right now. The Dojo was her safe place but it had been filled up lately with students wanting Shadow's attention and training. Honestly, she didn't like it much because the quiet moments she had with Shadow had meant a lot of her and now they rarely got a word in. Sure, the loved that all the students wanted help and because of it EJ had moved up a level with her mentor and was now more then just a student for her. However, the training lacked because of it.

With a quick bounce she jumped off the stage and made her way closer to Honner. "Whatcha doing?"
"Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak." ~ Thomas Carlyle

Enigmus Prefect
Enigmus Prefect

Post Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:13 am

Honner jumped at the sound of EJ's voice. He actually hadn't noticed the presence of another person. Even once he opened his mind to the book, he was able to sense the presence of anyone within A hundred yards of his location, but EJ, EJ hadn't shown up on the radar. That was interesting. He might have to look in to that at some point. This threw his guard off so much that when she came next to him he said "reading." Despite the fact that she could see the blank pages in his book. To the boy, he was reading, but to anyone else who saw the book, he would look crazy, just staring at empty pages.
"'When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter. And my family will say to me, 'Even after all this time?' And I will say 'Always.'" -Alan Rickman

Student

Location: Practicing spells somwhere- anywhere- in the castle

Post Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:21 am

The Bumble looked over his shoulder at his blank book and quirked an eyebrow as he said 'reading'. Odd to be reading a blank book, but nevertheless she was odd herself and she tried not to judge peoples quirks. "Is it a good book?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. EJ stepped back and put her hands in her pockets, "looks mighty interesting if I do say so myself." She laughed meekly, broken even, considering laughter, her normal prose, hadn't been able to happen since Caterina's death. No matter how much she tried it still sounded a little strangled. She quickly shook off the thoughts and looked at Honner. He was an interesting boy, one she still couldn't quite get a read on. A great dueler too, good enough she wanted to work with him and help him gain more skills so he could win he tournament next year because she could see how much he wanted it.
"Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak." ~ Thomas Carlyle

Enigmus Prefect
Enigmus Prefect

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:14 am

The pair sat there for quite a long while in silence, interrupted with small bouts of conversation, typically on an intrest they both shared. Dueling. After talking about some unconventional methods for dueling, and the idea of a possible rematch, Honners mind was not on dueling anymore. It was on the slip up he had made earlier. EJ was his friend. EJ was someone he trusted to keep a secret. EJ was a possible partner in an idea that he and Miles had cooked up. But should EJ be the first to know about Honners... Gift? Yes. Yes she should. "It is, actually. The book I mean, it's good. Or it can be, I guess, depending on what I make of it. I guess I'm being pretty confusing. Let me explain. I have this ability, that I don't really know the name for, but I call it 'postcognition.' It's like the reverse of precognition. Precognition lets you see into the future, but postcognition lets me see into the past. But there are certain limitations, and it doesn't always work. And very rarely do I ever actually 'see'" he put air quotes around 'see.' "Into the past. But I get these feelings. Sometimes I can pull a name out of it, or a time period, other times, nothing. Sometimes I can have a full on 'conversation'" air quotes again. "With the object. And it only works if I'm in direct contact with the object in question. So with the book, that brings me to mythology. Lots of mythology have special trees, that are like the mother of all trees, like Yggdrasil in Norse mythology. Say this book was made from paper, from a tree that was closely related to Yggdrasil. I can trace back through the roots of Yggdrasil to see anything written on paper that was made from descendants of Yggdrasil. So long as I have the time, energy, and the knowledge of what I'm looking for, and nothing, or no one, is stopping me." Honner stopped, and took a breath. That was the single most he had talked to any person in... Almost a year. And so once he got started, he couldn't stop. But eventually he did, and so he sat calmly awaiting a response from his new friend.

Return to Houdini Theatre