The Waterfall


Moderators: Faculty and Staff, Head Boy and Girl

User avatar

Parador Student

Posts: 24

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:06 am

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: The Waterfall

Picking his card up Oliver pulled his wand in case he needed it.
"Well, I only just got involved in this back at the fountain. Amelia, do you happen to know why the headmaster is missing?"
The mildly sleepy expression faded from his face as he watched his schoolmate trying to peer under the bridge. " Canus do you see anything? Would you like us to lower you down?"
"Not all Aurors are paranoid..."

Wand: Ash, 14 1/4 inches, Unicorn hair core
User avatar

Professor of Herbology

Posts: 2537

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Location: In the Garden Shed

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Re: The Waterfall

Amelia's lips turned down in a scowl that had nothing to do with Oliver.

"Our Headmaster is missing because the Wizengamot is a bunch of closed minded twits who lack the ability to see evidence for what it is. Our Divination Professor was falsely accused of a crime, and we found the evidence to prove it, but because it was found using muggle technology, they refused to view it as evidence. When they tried to take Professor Bloodthorne away, the Headmaster punched out one of the guards, then the two of them fought their way out of the hearing room."

Face red now, Amelia crossed her arms and took a few deep breaths. With everything that had been going on with the riddles, she had forgotten how furious she was. Once calm again, she turned her eyes back to Oliver.

"My apologies, the entire situation is pathetically ignorant. The Headmaster and Professor Bloodthorne are both currently on the run, we have heard no contact since after the trial. The two of them escaped to Avistrum long enough to tell us they had no other choice, to keep fighting, and to give R____, the Headmaster's wife, the signed papers to the school so the Wizengamot could not seize it due to his 'felony'."
Image
Image
It's not that I love fighting, but I'm not afraid to, either.
And if we don't fight, who will?
User avatar

Lobostro Alumnus

Posts: 71

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Location: Wherever the Artifacts or History can be found

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 am

Re: The Waterfall

Daemoh kept an eye on Victoria and Canus as she listened to Amelia's explanation to Oliver.

Suddenly, Rusty started hissing and Canus looked around and saw something on the side of the bridge.

Image

"I found something!" He called.

Daemoh ran over with the others to take a look. She immediately realized that the cards were supposed to go on that plate.

With a flick of her wand, Daemoh sent the cards to their spots on the plate: Deserand's (the first one), Amelia (the score card), Tandabat (B card), Amelia Omicron card, Oliver (sigma card); spelling PHOBOS in greek.

The waterful in front of them suddenly stopped, revealing a hidden cave behind it. There, they could see stacks of stone.

"Students, I believe that you should stay here while I and Professor Deserand if she wishes to join me investigate the cave."
Resigned.
User avatar

Professor Emerita

Posts: 5944

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:44 pm

Location: On a Journey

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: The Waterfall

Her stomach jumps in excitement when she hears Canus' exclamation. Could this be it? As he backs away from his precarious position, she lowers her wand and heads over to see what it could be. She peers at the find.

Oh, wow.

She opens her hand and lets her card fly to it's rightful place, then watches as the other cards follow suit. When the waterfall stops, suddenly, the Sanctuary fills with an utter silence. It's nearly stifling...not ominous but just...very mysterious.

Her eyes widen at the sight of the cave, and at the piles of stone heaped willy-nilly atop each other. She nods at Daemoh.


I would love to join you. I wouldn't miss this for the world.

She follows Daemoh towards the cave entrance, her wand lowered but absolutely in hand.
Audrey Trouble Deserand

Striving to do what is RIGHT.
Image
User avatar

Staff

Posts: 724

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Location: Working on my current case.

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Re: The Waterfall

Drumming her fingers against the railing of the bridge as Professor Deserand and Daemoh head into the dark recesses of the cave, Victoria manages to keep her expression smooth despite her pensive thoughts.

"Anyone else feel we've reached the end of our usefulness?" Victoria mutters under her breath, frustrated at not being able to help once again. Not knowing how long the two women will be gone, Victoria debates rushing off to the library to do the research she had promised herself what seems like months ago, verses not being at the Sanctuary when they come out. Deciding to wait, at least for now, she leans against the railing and sighs.
"The power of imagination makes us infinite." -John Muir
User avatar

Professor of Herbology

Posts: 2537

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Location: In the Garden Shed

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: The Waterfall

Amelia arched an eyebrow at Daemoh and her giving orders, but kept her comments to herself.

"Without all of you, we wouldn't have gotten here," Amelia turned her eyes to Victoria, a smile on her lips. "You're all the reason they even have an inkling."
Image
Image
It's not that I love fighting, but I'm not afraid to, either.
And if we don't fight, who will?
User avatar

Lobostro Alumnus

Posts: 71

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Location: Wherever the Artifacts or History can be found

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: The Waterfall

Wand at the ready, Daemoh whistled and called her broom to her.

Hoping on, but watching the cave carefully she procedded to it, Professor Deserand with her. Before dismounting from her broom Daemoh carefully checked over the cave, even the floor. Checking for stability as well as other dangers.

Upon dismounting her broom, she saw that there was plenty of room for those students that had helped find this place.

"There is enough room for you students to join us over here. Please be careful and don't touch these stones."

Daemoh continued looking around making sure that the stacks of stones was all that there was.

"We need to get this out of here. But we must be very careful, these stones look very old."
Resigned.
User avatar

Professor Emerita

Posts: 5944

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:44 pm

Location: On a Journey

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: The Waterfall

She peers back at the students, and gestures them over to take a closer look. After all of their brainpower and smarts and ingenuity and scrambling, they wholeheartedly deserve to have a first look.

Then she turns back to the stones, wand in hand. She makes several slow passes over the pile, trying to detect anything that might harm them or be some other potential danger.


I don't feel anything glaring off of these things...but they just feel...odd. Very aged and..cold somehow? I don't know how to explain it. Nevertheless, despite that, I don't sense that they'll like..set us on fire or explode in our face if we touch them. Just to be safe though, please DON'T touch them...

Her face turns inward in thought momentarily.

..after last year, I have very much learned to be better safe, than sorry. *sigh*

She glances at Daemoh.

I agree, we've been led to this rockheap for a reason, undoubtedly. They DO look very, VERY old...and not "natural" either...I mean, they look crafted. Wow, what would they say if they could talk, I wonder? We definitely need to get them back to the school for further perusing.

She ponders how to transport them, taking a few moments to allow the students to gather their own impressions.
Audrey Trouble Deserand

Striving to do what is RIGHT.
Image
User avatar

Parador Student

Posts: 24

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:06 am

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:51 pm

Re: The Waterfall

Carefully making his way to the rock pile Oliver pondered on the problem of getting the stones back to the school.
"Maybe a simple levitation spell would work. I doubt the head master would lead us to something dangerous on purpose. I mean, nothing has been dangerous thus far, right?" He asked, nearly tripping over a loose stone as he made his way over to the professors.
"Not all Aurors are paranoid..."

Wand: Ash, 14 1/4 inches, Unicorn hair core
User avatar

Lobostro Alumnus

Posts: 71

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Location: Wherever the Artifacts or History can be found

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: The Waterfall

"Hmmm. Yes a levitation spell would work. I would prefer not to use it on the stones themselves though. So what we need is crates." Daemoh crosses her arms, still thinking. "The house elves should have some crates that we can use, and then with your assistance we can get all the crates to the Castle."

Daemoh whistles, and a tiny owl flys over to her and lands on her shoulder. She scribbles a note quick on a piece of scrap paper from her satchel, and attachs it to the owl.

A short time later some house elves from the castle arrive with crates and gloves for all the students.

"Would you mind helping me? Put on a pair of gloves and very carefully move the stones into crates. Please treat it as the most fragile crystal ever. Thank you so very much." Daemoh grinned, and donning a pair of gloves herself she set to work loading stones in a crate.
Resigned.
User avatar

Lobostro Alumnus

Posts: 71

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Location: Wherever the Artifacts or History can be found

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Re: The Waterfall

Once the crates were filled, they were all a bit tired.

"Ok, those of you who know it, if you could help me levitate the crates using Winguardiam Leviosa" Daemoh smiles at Professor Deserand as the both start levitating a crate each. "We will take them to the Castle, there should be a workroom available for us to put the crates in."

Getting on her broom, and carefully levitating the crate ahead of her, she slowly made her way back to the Castle. The others following with crates if they knew how to.
Resigned.
User avatar

Professor Emerita

Posts: 5944

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:44 pm

Location: On a Journey

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Re: The Waterfall

Smiling back at Daemoh, and at the other students, she levitates her own crate and starts guiding it out of the cave.

Everyone, thank you for all of your help on this little adventure. We had quite a time didn't we? And quite a find, too!

The group proceeds out of Professor Ward's Animal Sanctuary, with a herd of floating crates in tow, and make their way back to the school.

On the way, she thinks to herself...my goodness. Such a thing to discover..and with classes starting up again, and a Sorting tonight too. I wonder what this term will bring?

She shivers a little, with excitement and also a little anticipation.


/fin
Audrey Trouble Deserand

Striving to do what is RIGHT.
Image
Previous

Return to Ward's Animal Sanctuary

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
All content © 2003-2012 Mischief Managed Entertainment. Use of this site is governed by the terms of use.
This site is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by J.K. Rowling, Scholastic Publishing, Warner Bros., their agents or licensees.
Harry Potter™ and all related marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Warner Bros.
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Theme based on CA Vintage, designed by ST Software.