The Know-How

Moderator: Maldraco

Parador Student

Location: Predominantly England, but travels by the Floo Network or other modes of transportation.

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:29 pm

The Know-How

Leanne walked towards the Dojo with the new student in close pursuit. She stopped outside, looking inwardly, and placed her hands on her hips. The parador took a deep breath in and smiled, "I love this place..." she mumbled under her breath, reminiscent. She turned to her new friend and smiled even broader. She spoke more loudly, continuing her act as a 1900s gentlemen, "Well, milady, it seems we are here," the parador stated, gesturing her right hand gracefully towards the open doorway of the dojo. "Ladies first, since I'm no lady," she quipped with, once again, a joking smile.
I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another- Divergent

Student

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:35 pm

Re: The Know-How

"and I am?" I scoffed, walking in, hiding my blush by looking around the room instead of back to leanne

Parador Student

Location: Predominantly England, but travels by the Floo Network or other modes of transportation.

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:12 pm

Leanne giggled slightly, "Apparently not, it seems you haven't changed," she said boldly, following the girl with a proud demeanor. "Know any spells?...For dueling, I mean," she queried, taking out her wand.
I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another- Divergent

Student

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:19 pm

"course" she responded, not making any move to remove her wand, discouraging a duel. she turned to face Leanne, "considering its your suggestion im gonna assume its your best field" she said

Parador Student

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:30 pm

Leanne looked a little taken a back, hesitant even. "Best?" she began, "Well...I wouldn't say best," she mumbled, but quickly shook her head. "Who am I kidding?" she said with a grin, "I don't mean to brag, but....I was house champion this past term, narrowly beating Tori Maddison, who's the prefect and usually the dueling house champion. That's a feat in itself. The success must run in her family, too, see, her sister, Kay, is quidditch champion, both house and overall this past term, so...I'm pretty proud. But, my competitiveness can sometimes get the best of me. I'm still somewhat beating myself up over getting last in the finals...." Leanne trailer off, lowering her voice as she did so. Suddenly, she sprung back to life, watching the other girl's expression. "Don't worry, we won't have to duel each other. That's what these are for," she said with a wave of her wand. A dozen or so dummies appeared at the flick of her wrist. "We can make them mobile or still, your choice. Or....we could duel one another? Test your...skill, if you will," Leanne said somewhat intimidatingly.

Student

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:12 pm

"what? and show you my best skills?" she joked "i don't like duelling unless I have to" she didn't know why she was spilling everything to this girl, she thought she was starting to finally lose her marbles

Parador Student

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:17 pm

"Oh....I see," Leanne said with a smirk, "You're scared, aren't you?" she aggressed.

Student

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:46 pm

"no!" she shouted, "wait" she sighs, "im not scared of duelling" she admitted. "im scared about looking stupid" she muttered under her breath

Parador Student

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:57 pm

"Tch, I doubt you will," Leanne began, "I'm not here to make you look stupid, I'm here to help you," Leanne said, then noticed the girl's doubtful expression. "Here, let me show you." She flicked her wrist at one of the dummies to make it move, and took her stance. Her moves were simple, but effective. Attack, parry, attack, attack, parry, parry. Finally, she broke the silence, "Incendio," she shouted confidently, and brilliant flames shot from her wand. The dummie caught on flame but soon put itself out magically. Beads of sweat had formed on Leanne's body for she had practiced wordless spells for a while but had never properly achieved them until know. At least she knew she could use stupefy and protego silently if she focused. She wiped droplets of swear from her forehead and grinned, "I've always wanted to try that....and I'm glad they're flame-proof now. Nearly burnt down the dojo once...well, I'm exaggerating, but still...." she rambled, breathing heavily. Wordless dueling was hard work, but it definitely payed off.

Student

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:27 pm

"you're impressive, but please don't make me" she said. she took a step backwards "feel free to continue" she said with a smile

Parador Student

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:35 pm

Leanne frowned, frustrated. "It's no fun when all you do is watch. Could I at least see one spell? Then you can stop if you want," Leanne said, slightly annoyed.

Student

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:40 pm

"fine" she sighed, she pulled out her wand and half heartedly cast a Serpentsortia. The resulting snake was docile and after studying its surroundings slithered to the edge of the room.

Parador Student

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Leanne wrinkled her nose a little, annoyed at the girl's lack of effort. "Finite incantatem," she uttered, and the snake vanished. "Could you take this seriously for two minutes," Leanne growled aggressively.

Parador Student

Post Sat May 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Leanne watched as Kelsey remained silent, and her frustration began to grow. Second by excruciating second, the frustration writhed and wriggled in her brain until...

"Reducto," she grunted through closed teeth. The spell whizzed right past Kelsey's ear and struck the dummy behind her; this was just as Leanne had planned. However, it provoked little reaction from the older girl. "Unbelievable. Bloody unbelievable. And I thought you were a Colubrae!" she provoked.

Return to The Dojo