Don't work angry

Moderators: Faculty and Staff, Head Boy and Girl

Lobostro Prefect
Lobostro Prefect

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:48 am

Don't work angry

Falchion walks into the cottage, his mind on the conversation with Renfield and Houdini. He sets down his backpack and pulls out a roll of pages. His thoughts elsewhere, he places a scrap piece of wood on them, to hold them down.

Grabbing a few tools, he oils and sharpens them while his mind replays the words.

"now is not the time for you to learn this" or "It is not my place to tell you"... This is one of those moments.

The tools ready, he picks up a piece of wood and begins.

Falchion, you can trust Victor. What he says may be confusing, but he does have your best interest at heart.

Falchion growls to himself as wood shavings fly through the air.

...you must unlock the secrets to your past on your own.

The wood begins vibrating.

My past? What does my past have to do with anything? I grew up as a muggle...

Fal looks down at the wood, seeing it vibrating off-center. He places his hand on it to try to steady it...

A deafening roar sounds throughout the cottage. The door shatters as Falchion flies through it. Smoke billows from the opening. Fal lays on the ground, his clothing also smoking. Lying flat on his back, Fal looks around.

When did the stars come out?

He passes out.
~Avistrum Alumni~
Still a Lobostro

"...And no one dared disturb the sound of silence"

Parador Student

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Re: Don't work angry

Rein came racing to the cottage hearing the sound and seeing the smoke he seemed to be the first on the scene his wands out and at the ready. His eyes fell on Fal and he quickened his pace even more, Checking his friends pulse and making sure he was not on fire or dead Rein made his way into the cottage .

It didn't take long to piece together what had happened. Tools sticking out of the walls a black spot on the workbench that was smoldering slightly on the edges, Rein put out the small fires on the bench and looked around at the remains of the wood that Fal was working on splintered everywhere. Rein shook his head as he bent down and picked up a shard of the wood. "Looks like he grabbed the wrong one." With that Rein went to look at the blank wood pieces that were left on the other side of the room it looked like Fal had grabbed one of the ones Rein had been working on by mistake instead of the plain wood blanks.

Rein shook his head yet again "Poor blokes probably got a lot on his mind." He recalled the one sided conversation that was held in the Theater not to long ago. Rein set the blank back down and went to make sure Fal was ok now that there was no danger. Rein bent down and pointed his wand at the Prefect that was on the ground. "Episkey"
Come my Fellow Phoenixes, and don the colors of your rage.

The Character of Chiro Renyold Darkshine "Rein" and the lands of Vivoria was created by Lee Boland, and may not be used without express permission of the owner.

Lobostro Prefect
Lobostro Prefect

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:31 am

Fal's eyes open and he grimaces. Sitting up, he begins dusting himself off as he looks around. And I ended up in the yard how?

He looks over to Rein and waves his hand in a dismissive gesture, then stands up, dusting himself off. I followed the plans, what went wrong? Is he trying to kill me? His mind goes back once again to the conversation with Renfield and Houdini. They said I could trust him, yet this happens. Maybe there's something he didn't give me? Argh!

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his notepad, writing a quick note to Rein.

Thanks. Everything ok inside?
~Avistrum Alumni~
Still a Lobostro

Staff

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Ophelia walks slowly up the yard, her trademark bag missing from her right shoulder as she approaches the amazingly still standing cottage. Coughing gently, she waves at Rein and turns her attention to Falchion.

"What on earth happened here?"
She asks congenially, smiling at the Lobostro Prefect. "Are you okay?"

She looks enquiringly at Rein, wondering if the Head Boy had any idea what had transpired.

Waiting for a response, she shrugged her shoulders gently and reached into the pocket of her robes, feeling around for the piece of paper she had placed there. Darn large pockets, she thought to herself as she pushed aside quills, parchment and other school supplies that were carefully concealed in the magical pockets.

"My u... um ... a person left a note for me to give to you. I swear I have it here somewhere. Are you sure you're okay?" She asked her fellow Prefect as she kept digging for the small pass she had sworn was right on top.
Death is only the beginning...

Lobostro Prefect
Lobostro Prefect

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:12 am

Fal stands, brushing himself. He looks at the cottage darkly, his thoughts elsewhere. Finally, he shakes his head and sighs, scribbling in his notepad.

Yeah, I'm fine. Little miffed. Just when I think I've got things figured out, something like this happens.

He gives Ophelia a questioning look, before writing a question.

Someone left me a note? It's not like I'm hard to find. One of the Professor's? They're not mad that I'm using this place, are they? Crud... they're going to tell me I can't work here, aren't they?

His face turns slightly pale. Do they know? Oh man...Not good...
~Avistrum Alumni~
Still a Lobostro

Parador Alumnus

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:31 am

There were a series of two cracks which sent dirt from the ground flying as Victor came rushing over, twins drawn and ready.

"Alright, move and you'll wish you hadn . . . ." He paused, seeing the two prefects and Head Boy, "Oh. It's you three."

Victor cleared his throat and looked around

"What in Boudreaux's Boudoir is going on?" Victor asked, "Sounded like the the whole damned barrier just came crashing down."

Victor took a moment to survey the scene, before returning the twins to their holsters and looking past Falchion at a familiar descimation.

"Well now." He smirked, "Fal . . . were you working on wands?"

Victor took a second look and nodded.

"Not using Erumpant horn at least eh?" Victor said, "There's no crater, and the cottage is still standing."
War is fought within the warrior as well as without.

Victor Grym Bowen, Banshee, The Reapers, Charon, Ambrose and Genevieve St. Cyr were created and owned by Jonathan Sims and may not be used without expressed permission of the owner.

Staff

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Ophelia shook her head to Fal's question.

"No not a Professor, it's from Kensington I assume since his name is on it. It's... aha!"

Pulling out a stray quill and sticking it in her hair, Ophelia reached back into her pocket and pulled out a new piece of parchment with official Aurors' Corps and Wizarding Senate seals attached to the lower edge:

This pass admits Falchion, House Lobostro, Avistrum Academy

to the office of Senator Oswald P. Kensington in the Senate Office Building, Salem.

Identity subject to verification, person subject to search.

"Here you go!"

Ophelia held out the parchment and smiled at her quiet friend.

Lobostro Prefect
Lobostro Prefect

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:29 am

Fal gives Victor a dark look at his comments, but otherwise ignores them. Nodding to Ophelia, he takes the note.

He gives Ophelia questioning look and starts to write in his notepad, but stops, a strange look in his eyes. He looks to the three and starts forming his mouth in a silent "O"

He disappears, the notepad dropping to the ground.
~Avistrum Alumni~
Still a Lobostro

Parador Alumnus

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 am

Victor looked around as Falchion vanished.

"Portkey." He said lowly, turning to Ophelia, "Who or what gave you those items?"

Victor urged, his voice sounding strained.

"It is very important that you tell me." He said

Victor Grym Bowen, Banshee, The Reapers, Charon, Ambrose and Genevieve St. Cyr were created and owned by Jonathan Sims and may not be used without expressed permission of the owner.

Staff

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Ophelia blinked in surprise at the area where Falchion used to be standing. Puzzled, she looked over at Rein and game him a questioning look, wondering if maybe he had any idea why Kensington would portkey Falchion to Salem. 'oh dear, what are you up to now Kensington? She thought mildly to herself.

Ophelia stopped her musings to glare at Victor, not appreciating his tone or the accusatory nature of his language. Letting her temper get the better of her, she narrowed her eyes at the man and squared her jaw.

"He's in Salem with someone that proved long ago that he is a friend to Avistrum. The portkey contained official seals from the Aurors' Corps and Wizarding Senate and there is no reason to believe that they were forgeries. If Falchion chooses to give you any additional information upon his safe return that's his business, not mine." And with that, the Engimus prefect turned sharply on her heel and strode out of the cottage.

'Perhaps I should send an owl to Aunt Beatrice, just to be safe...'
she thought.

Parador Alumnus

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:56 am

Victor sighed and watched Ophelia go.

"Official seal." He said, "Of course there would never be an instance where those could be forged."

With that Victor turned.

"Expecto Patronum."

Victor's patronus burst from the tip of his wand and flew around, lighting on the tip. Victor whispered to the maccaw and sent it skyward.

"Just to make certain." He said solemnly
Last edited by Victor Grym Bowen on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Parador Alumnus

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Victor watched as the visage of a silvery patronus appeared before him.

The voice seemed only to speak to him as he breathed a breath of relief.

"He is alright Rein." Victor said slowly, holstering his wands, he would send no reply.

"Kensington and Falchion need to talk." Victor smirked and chuckled slightly, "Well . . . in a manner of speaking."

Victor sighed deeply as he thought and then a familiar voice echoed from his memory.

"If you want them arrested, Call the Aurors. If you want them captured, call the Dark Hunters. If you want them taken care of . . . Call the Reapers."

The cheers in his mind echoed into a distant memory as he thought long on the banter. With that, he turned and made for the parador common room.

Parador Student

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:45 pm

Rein had still been holding Fal' shoulder when he was taken by the portkey Rein was pulled in by the back lash and taken for a ride as well.
Come my Fellow Phoenixes, and don the colors of your rage.

The Character of Chiro Renyold Darkshine "Rein" and the lands of Vivoria was created by Lee Boland, and may not be used without express permission of the owner.

Enigmus Student

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Alice had been enjoying a long walk across the grounds. It was the first time she had been outside for ages, it seemed, what with all the brooding and such. But she had finally received a reply to her letter to her father; he had spoken to the other elders and it had been agreed that she could stay at Avistrum for the time being (she smiled to herself--her father had done the agreeing for them all, if she knew him--and she did!).

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sight of a small cottage she hadn't noticed before. All the windows were dark and it had an air of neglect, as though no one lived here any more. But wait--what had happened to the door? She saw splintered wood scattered widely about the front of the building--it looked like the front door had exploded or something. And as she grew closer, she thought she could detect the faint smell of smoke. Looking in the open doorway, she could see pieces of wood and tools lying about all over the place, but the room was empty.

"What on earth has happened here?!" she said out loud. Something bad, looks like...
“Curiouser and curiouser!”
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.

Enigmus Student

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Alice decided she had better tell someone about this--a prefect, or a professor, someone. She took another look around, then turned on her heel and ran back toward the courtyard, hoping she could find someone there.
“Curiouser and curiouser!”
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.

Return to La Chateau de Maison Elfes