Post Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:13 am

Owl from Across the World

A small brown and white owl fluttered to the door of Professor Boudreaux's office and dropped a letter at the base of the door then nudged it under with its beak before taking off again. Once under the door, the letter unrolled and lay open for Professor Boudreaux to read.

Dear Professor Boudreaux,

Hello Professor, I just wanted to send you an update about my travels. I am in South Korea right now, I'm learning so much, and I can't wait to bring it all back and share it with everyone. I am so happy to be traveling, though of course I miss you and everyone at Avistrum. I hope this term goes well for all of you, hopefully nothing too crazy happens while I am away. But I promise, when I come back next term, I'll be a much better Shadow, especially since I really haven't been all that great over the last couple years. I did want to take this time to also thank you for being so kind and patient with me through those years, I know I'm not the easiest person to deal with, so thank you. I will be sending a letter to Professor Emberwing as well to thank her. You both have helped me through the dark times, and I only hope that I can help others through their dark times as well. In light of the recent events of last term I did want to mention one little thing, you have been the closest thing to a father I've ever had. Considering my "father" really isn't a father. But you've been so kind, patient, and always given the best advice, so thank you very much for all you have done for me. I don't know if I'll ever stop thanking you. But enough with the sappy stuff, I can't wait to show you what I've learned, also I'll bring you back something from Korea that I think is fitting for you. Please take care of yourself this term. I wish you the best, and look forward to hearing from you.

With love,
Shadow
~It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.~